Friday, April 2, 2010

Update


Hey all who read this (probably like 2 of you, but ah well... you two people are important enough)
:)

Well, a lot has happened in the past few weeks.
First, I got my mission call!!!! It came on March 17th, and my roommates came home early from their classes to be with me as I opened my call and to help call my family. Then later that night I had all my friends come over to see me "open" my call and find out where I was going. I must have had like 20-30 people in my apartment at once. It was nice to see how much I was loved!

Oh, haha, y'all are probably just sitting on pins and needles to say where I am going already.
Drum roll please....
TACOMA, WASHINGTON!!!!

Yep yep! I report May 19th. I will be speaking English, so I get to start teaching the people of Tacoma right away! I'm very very very excited, and just can't wait to go! I will definitely have to get used to the rain.

And yes, this means you will be missing my lovely posts for the next 18 months. Maybe if I can educate my mother well enough in the art of blogging, she can update with my mission stuff occasionally.

Life is just grand.







Although, I must admit that having a mission call in had is weird while attending school. You see everyone around you moving on with their lives: signing up for classes, finding new housing, getting married, graduating.... and it's just odd. I sit here and think, "I just need to find a good raincoat, grab my Book of Mormon, and head north." (Obviously leaving on a mission is more than that, but you get the idea). Luckily I have a couple other girl friends who are leaving soon too for missions, and we are able to talk to each other about it.

Well other than that rather large milestone in my life... school has been picking up. I had a really good Ethics class the other day, and that experience along with a luncheon I attended with the BYU Law school has me contemplating becoming a lawyer. We'll see though.

General conference is this weekend. I am VERY excited for that. I have a few good friends performing in choirs at the Saturday afternoon session and priesthood sessions. Kinda cool.

And speaking of another kinda cool thing... I had the blessing of having Elder Andersen come to my Organizational Behavior class!! Apparently he is good friends with my teacher, and he came in to give a little Q&A devotional. So many great things were said. It brought a lot of peace to me.

Lastly, my parents are coming into town! I will be receiving my endowment on Friday at the Salt Lake Temple. I am so excited and starting to prepare as much as I can for that time.

Well, that's about all folks! See you next time!

Peace. <3.>

1 comment:

  1. Maddie!!! I've told you before, but once again, I am SO excited for you! You are going to be wondeful!

    ReplyDelete