Thursday, March 11, 2010

21 years of celebratory birth




Today... I am 21. And in honor of this day (and to avoid studying for my midterm) I will reflect.

Be enlightened ... or be bored... or be some where in between... or be no where at all. The choice, is yours.

I feel I have accomplished a lot in my short 21 years on this earth:
-Lived in 5 different states
-Stuck with piano lessons for 13 years
-Developed an image of "band nerd" for 6 years (this reaching "ultimate band nerd" status the 2 years I was drum major)
-Traveled to China
-Studied in Rome and Athens
-Earned college scholarship
-Got accepted into the Marriott School of Management
-Placed at State Latin competitions
-Read the Book of Mormon entirely by the age of 8
-Participated in various service opportunities including a youth conference for the mentally-challenged
-Learned ballroom dance starting at the age of 17
-Developed vocal performance through a music minor
-Pretty much be the bombest roommate ever
-And pretty much the most rockin' sister ever!

Yeah. pretty good.

But my BEST accomplishment involves all the relationships I have been able to build with my family and my friends. The people in my life are my support, my teachers, my energy. Without them, I couldn't be me. So thank you to all those out there who have influenced me in some way to be who I am today.

Now follows the picture montage of me through the last several years of my life... through later teenage years to early adulthood. (oh, and one baby picture)

I was like... 1-ish


16 years (2)

17 years (4)


18 years (3)

19 years

20 years (3)

Peace. <3. :D

1 comment:

  1. MADDIE! I loved this post.. I was just thinkin about you and I kinda cried a little.. gotta be honest. I'm so grateful for you in my life! :) That picture of us from EFY is absolutely hilarious! oh gosh! I am such a little child in that! You are amazing and have accomplished SOOO much! now for the mission! :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete