Friday, October 9, 2009

Mock Dance Competition


So last night I participated in my first "dance competition". I have been taking a Bronze level Standard Ballroom class, and we got to compete a Waltz routine against all the other students (about 80+ couples). It was a really fun experience. I was so anxious/nervous the whole time... I couldn't even do simple reading homework between dances. My partner's name is Dillon, and he is really sweet. Poor guy also was competing in the Latin division for the Rumba. So when we weren't waltzing, he was rumba-ing...
But! We did make it to SEMIFINALS!! Top 12 couples! It was very exciting. We did not make it to the top 6 for finals, but I feel we did a really good job. And just to brag a little more, 4 out of the 6 couples in the finals were from my specific dance class. :) My instructor must be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment