Monday, October 19, 2009

Long weekend

This past weekend was intense. First, I had 2 midterms and various assignments... all due throughout the weekend. My midterms went ok, but I could have done better. The perfectionist in me is driven to do better. As always. Dad was right as we went over my finance test in class today. We both over think problems or just make simple errors. Too bad application in the real world cannot really be tested. It's disappointing to come back to your study group that so highly esteems you and let them know in reality, you're normal. *gasp*

But I'm ok. I'm happy. I did get to see a close friend, Randy, this weekend. We hung out adventuring around the valley between Provo and Heber. Watched some movies and some football. I saw Where the Wild Things Are and the Stepfather.

Where the Wild Things Are: Good at a psychological level, but honestly, rather slow. I thought it would be more of a kids' movie, but I feel it was directed to more of the young adults and teenagers that read the books. However, I believe most of that audience attended the film to see a light-hearted film to reminiscence of their younger days. I must say cinematography and music... superb.


The Stepfather: Good suspense movie. Makes me jump for a fun thrill. About the same creepiness as Disturbia. Ending was kinda lame. I think they are gonna try for a Stepfather Returns or something. Wished they had developed more on the Stepfather character. I felt I already knew the movie after the first 30 minutes. I realize we were waiting for developing details that never were developed. Fun film though. Good for parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment